Like its local sites before it, Vandaleer, a statewide platform publishes stories, poetry, videos and pictures that express the positive and hopeful aspects of what it means to live, work, play and stay in West Virginia. Vandaleer offers Mountaineers the opportunity to narrate and broadcast West Virginia’s message to the rest of the world.
Vandaleer aspires to be a place of enjoyment, civility, and can-do attitude. However, there seems to be an army of trolls out there who would like to make it the opposite. As such, we have to hold onto the reins tightly. We reserve the right to remove comments that violate common decency or the following guidelines.
1) Don’t spam. If you have something that our readers may be interested in buying, advertise it with us.
2) Behave yourself. No personal attacks, senseless rants, violent threats, or hate speech. This isn’t like the rest of the internet- you’ll see other users at Kroger. Don’t make it embarrassing for yourself.
3) Moderate your language. Sometimes it’s necessary to use strong words so we won’t ban them outright, but don’t make using them a habit and don’t use them to run afoul of Rule #2. We’re less lenient on pictures- NSFW is not safe for Vandaleer either.
4) If what you have to say is your opinion, then phrase it as such (“I think…”). If fact, then cite your source.
5) Don’t do anything on our site that is illegal. Don’t post illegal pictures, and don’t upload copyrighted works- instead link to the original or a legal copy.
6) If we ban your account, don’t just make another and think we won’t figure it out.
By commenting on Vandaleer, you implicitly agree to abide by our Commenting Policy.
OK, so that’s the negative stuff. On the flip side, we want you to post lots of great, informative comments and to meet new and interesting people here.